I’m fickle, I admit it. I haven’t finished most of the books listed as “in progress” on my first booklist post, but did read a whole slew of new ones. I think I should quit listing books in progress, and stick with ones I’ve actually read, or this list will become unmanageable.
I’ve also added Amazon links so you can get more information about any title that catches your eye.
So, finished since last time:
- Karin Slaughter: Indelible, Faithless, A Faint Cold Fear. I’m all caught up except for the newest one in the series. The library has it on order and I’m ninth in line, so it may take a while to get.
- Karin Slaughter: Triptych. Stand-alone, not part of the above series. Very different book, though still a thriller.
- Jacqueline Carey: Kushiel’s Chosen. I dove into this fantasy series with the second book, since the first was checked out and I’m occasionally impatient. I enjoyed it, and will now go track down the first one.
- Mary Walker Phillips: Creative Knitting. Not everything in this book appeals to me stylistically, but some pieces are exceptional. She has very clear descriptions of different styles of knitting and stitch types, including the what, how and especially the why.
- Peter Blaylock: All the Bells on Earth. Bluebird of happiness? Well, not quite. If you like Tim Powers, you may well like Blaylock.
- Susan Cooper: Over Sea, Under Stone. Excellent YA fantasy series that I somehow missed when I was a YA.
- Phil Hellmuth: Play Poker Like the Pros. One of the few finishees from last time. I now know the poker hands. I think.
- Sarah Swett: Kids Weaving: Projects for Kids of All Ages. You’ll be hearing more about this one later.
Running total: 18.